Well, it was worth it for the fun, I guess. I moved this blog to a new Movable Type install over on my web space elsewhere, and unfortunately it didn’t go all that well.
There were a number of problems from the start. First, there was getting Movable Type to actually import all the entries from here – which, given that both are Six Apart products, you’d think would be easy. But instead it was a chore: it choked after every 400 entries or so, which meant I had to do it bit by painful bit.
Then there were the database errors. Rebuilding the site sometimes – but not always – resulted in database errors which I could never quite sort out.
I might try moving things back to WordPress, which I ran reasonably successfully until recently – but we’ll see!